Refined sugar-free, 100% vegan & very tasty!
RECIPE (MAKES 10 MUFFINS)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 100ml cold water
- 150g soft silken tofu
- ⅓ cup soy yoghurt
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted, then cooled to room temperature
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups plain white flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp PureChimp Matcha (we used the turmeric one, flavoured with cinnamon & ginger)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 apples sliced thinly
1. Mix the flaxseed meal and water in a bowl and leave for 5 mins.
2. Preheat the oven to 180c and grease a muffin tray with a small amount of coconut oil.
3. Add the wet ingredients (tofu, yoghurt, milk, coconut oil, ginger, vanilla and lemon) into a blender along with the flaxseed mix.
4. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, PureChimp matcha and baking powder) and make a well in the centre.
5. Gradually fold on the wet ingredients. Do not over stir the mix!
6. Spoon the mix into the muffin tray filling each cup right to the top.
7. Bake for 25 mins.
To garnish: we thinly sliced apples and baked them in the oven and added on top at the end.
If you’re feeling creative, you can separate the cake mix into two….one with matcha and one without to create a patterned marble effect when adding to the muffin tin.