- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons water
- 150g white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons matcha
- Decoration: Popcorn, Goji Berries, Sprinkles, Seeds
1) Preheat your oven to 180c. Line three baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
2) In the bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
3) Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat once more until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
4) Pour in the flour, baking powder, salt and water and mix one last time until smooth. Transfer the batter to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
5) Pipe 5-inch lines of the batter onto the baking sheet (you can draw guidelines with a pencil on the paper to help). Repeat until you’ve done about 20 lines per baking sheet. Bake the pocky biscuit one baking sheet at a time for 12 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges. Leave on the baking sheets to cool completely.
6) Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30-second mark. Sift the Matcha into the white chocolate and stir until combined.
7) Spoon white chocolate over half of the pocky and then scraped the sides, gently, transfer it to a baking sheet and then sprinkled on any of the toppings above.