- 160g unsalted butter
- 160g (¾ cup) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk
- 20g (3 tbsp) PureChimp matcha green tea
- 200g (1 ½ cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g dark chocolate
1. Make sure the butter, eggs and milk are at room temperature and preheat the oven to 180 ºC
2. Put the butter in a large bowl and beat it until it is light and fluffy.
3. Add the sugar to the whipped butter and beat.
4. Crack the eggs in a separate small bowl and whisk well.
5. Combined the egg with the whipped butter.
IMPORTANT: To achieve a smooth mixture, add in a very small amount of the whisked egg at a time.
6. Gradually sift in the dry ingredients (200 g flour, 1 tsp baking powder and ¼ tsp salt) Folding gently to keep the air in. Creating a smooth batter.
7. Heat 60ml of milk in a microwave or saucepan until warm and add to 20g PureChimp matcha in the bowl. Pour in the milk and whisk well until combined.
8. Take ⅓ of the batter and add to the bowl with matcha.
9. Fold in until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix.
10. Add 6-8 dollops of match batter into the original batter. Then fold the entire batter from the bottom of the bowl, creating a swirl effect.
11. Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin, keeping the swirl effect. Tap the loaf tin on the countertop once to release the trapped air.
12. Put the cake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes
13. After 15 minutes, open the oven and score the top of the cake with a sharp knife. Continue to bake.
14. The cake is done when a skewer is inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
15. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to rest in the tin for 15 minutes on a wire rack before taking the cake out.
16. Melt the dark chocolate and pour-over.
17. Slice and enjoy!