For the crepes:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp PureChimp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the whipped cream:
- 3/4 cup double cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Combine ingredients for crepes in a bowl and mix well. Pour batter through a strainer and let it rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Combine heavy cream and sugar and whisk until thick.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and drain off any excess. Pour a small amount of crepe batter into the heated frying pan and cook on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
TIP: if you make the final crepe a few centimetres larger this can be used as the top layer to cover the sides of your crepe cake.
4. Set crepes aside to cool. Once they have cooled down, spread each crepe with whipped cream, stacking them on top of each other. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Sprinkle with matcha powder.
6. Slice and enjoy!
Click here for gift ideas for bakers.