- 160g non-glutinous rice flour
- 40g glutinous rice flour
- 100g sugar
- 200ml hot water
- 1 tsp PureChimp matcha
- 1tsp beetroot juice
1. Mix in a bowl the non-glutinous rice flour, glutinous rice flour and sugar.
2. Add the hot water little by little, mixing well until the mixture takes on the consistency of an earlobe. This is the traditional way to describe the perfect texture for your dango mixture.
3. Cover the bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
4. Using damp hands knead the dough.
5. Divide the dough into thirds. Add beetroot juice to one third and matcha to another third. The last one will be left white.
TIP: If the matcha powder is too hard to combine, add a little water to the matcha powder to make a paste before mixing in.
6. Dampen your hands again and roll the dough into 6 evenly sized balls for each colour.
7. Thread one of each colour onto a bamboo skewer and serve as a sweet treat.